Its Latin botanical name chamaemelum is borrowed from Greek. It literally means “pomme à terre”, the refreshing and pleasant scent of Chamomile evoking that of the apple for the Greeks. The Roman and German species resemble each other very much, and their properties are very similar. The essential oil is distilled from the flowers of both varieties. The Chamomile Essential oil, which turns yellow as it grows older, is rich in azulene, a potent anti-inflammatory agent. It is widely used in pharmaceutical preparations and in the food industry.
- You will often use the essential oil of Chamomile to treat all kinds of skin problem: acne, inflammations caused by allergies or insect bites, blisters, herpes, dermatitis, eczemas, cuts, burns, boils, etc. It will prevent and destroy fungal infections, eliminate bacteria, reduce inflammation and facilitate healing.
- Chamomile essence softens dry skin and relieves itching. In a bath oil, cream or lotion, its anti-allergenic properties will be very useful for people prone to skin allergies such as dermatitis, urticaria attacks or eczema patches.
- Chamomile reduces pain by numbing the nerves while reducing tissue inflammation. You will therefore use it in hot local applications, in the bath or in a massage, to relieve pain related to problems as diverse as arthritis, rheumatism, joint pain, sprain, sprain, neuralgia, Toothache, headache, or migraine. Combined with other essential oils in a bath or during a massage, it will be particularly effective in alleviating a kidney problem.
- The Chamomile Essential oil is diuretic. It stimulates the secretion of bile, which facilitates digestion. Finally it plays a tonic role on the liver and on the whole digestive system. Used in warm local applications and in bath or massage oils, it will relieve problems of cystitis, flatulence, diarrhea and gastritis, colitis, peptic disorders, nausea and other stomach aches.
- The essence of chamomile is known for its beneficial role on the genital system. It is the liver emmenagogue (it promotes and regulates the rules) and effective in case of dysmenorrhea. It relieves nervous tension and stress, as well as depression and infusion problems that in the form of essential oil in a bath oil and massage, or in any ambient diffuser.
If you do not overdo it, of course, Chamomile Essential oil is a safe oil for babies and children. It will relieve their colic, their teeth, their nervousness and many other small bobos of the tender age.
Chamomile Essential oil..Precautions for use
Make a test on the epidermis beforehand, the essential oil of chamomile can irritate certain sensitive skins.
Do not use during the first four months of pregnancy.