Because of its “balancing” virtues, Lavender Essential oil has been used for centuries. Today, its essential oil is one of the most appreciated in the world. The list of its applications in aromatherapy is impressive, without comparison with most other species. In case you can only offer one essential oil, it would be this one, without the slightest hesitation! It does not present any danger: versatile and very soft, you can even use it pure on small parts of your epidermis!
The Lavender Essential oil is obtained by steam distillation of blue-colored floral ears and aromatic linear leaves. The most sought after is extracted from plants that cover huge spaces in Provence. There are several hundred different varieties of lavender. For medicinal aromatherapy, I admit to have a weakness for lavender aspic, because it seems to me to exert a more “in depth” effect. In perfumery, on the other hand, I would rather choose Lavandula angustifolia. Its fragrance is indeed sweeter and sweeter than that of the species aspic, undoubtedly too strong and penetrating for such use. The perfume industry is not mistaken, since it marks a clear predilection for lavender officinale also called true lavender! Whatever variety you choose, you can combine lavender essential oil with essences of bergamot, eucalyptus, geranium, jasmine, rosemary and citrus.
- Antiseptic and promoting cellular renewal, the essential oil of lavender is one of the most recommended essences for the care of epidermis and skin diseases. It is an antibiotic and an antiviral that accelerates healing and relieves pain. Resume your breathing and see how far it is not sparing of benefits: you use it to treat an abscess, acne, allergies, athlete’s foot, boil, bruising, skin inflammation , Dermatitis, eczema, insect bites, and any infection caused by sting, psoriasis, scabies, sunburn, surface burns, wounds, pustules, pimples, wounds, and ringworm. And it’s not all … It also reduces body odor when added to a deodorant!
- Lavender Essential oil stimulates the glands and helps them function better. It relieves digestive, respiratory or urinary problems. It will soothe cramps and spasms of the uterus or intestine. It will also promote biliary secretion. Finally, it will help the intestines to expel gas and regularize the menstrual flow.
- Equipped with antiseptic, antiviral, antibiotic and expectorant properties, lavender essential oil will be an important ingredient when preparing inhalations or balsams to relieve bronchitis, persistent cough, colds, laryngitis , Sore throat or excess bronchial mucus.
- Lavender essence is well known for relieving pain and inflammation caused by arthritis, lumbago, rheumatism, sciatica and, in general, all the suffering associated with muscle tension. In any case, you use it in your useful bath or massage in synergy with other essential oils. You maximize the effects of this beneficial substance.
- In the event of decreased energy or morale at half-mast, nothing better than the essential oil of lavender! She is able to calm and give a little rigor to the most tortured mind! It will reduce stress and calm nervousness. Finally, it will relieve your headaches and problems of insomnia.
Lavender Essential oil..Precaution of use
Do not use during the first four months of pregnancy and for an even more lingual period with a history of miscarriage.