The refreshing Peppermint Essential oil is a perennial herb widespread in humid temperate regions. Its leaves are used in the kitchen and in the food industry in a variety of ways: they enhance salads, flavor tea (the famous mint tea) and many drinks, liqueurs, sodas and syrups. Men were attracted very early by its fresh flavor: the Egyptians already cultivated it. From antiquity to today, peppermint has remained one of the most widely used plants for its therapeutic properties.
Peppermint Essential oil is extracted from the leaves by steam distillation. It is strongly concentrated in menthol, its most important chemical constituent, an alcohol which crystallizes in colorless needles. The fragrance of the essential oil is powerful and endowed with a strongly camphorated flavor. It fits well with benzoin, eucalyptus, lavender, marjoram, lemon, rosemary and its neighbor, spearmint.
- By adding 2 or 3 drops of Peppermint essential oil in a fumigation, you decongest your skin and eliminate bacteria. So you treat acne, dermatitis, itching, scabies or ringworm.
- This is no surprise: mint is one of the best essential oils to freshen breath and treat digestive problems, especially in case of indigestion, nausea, stomach ache! It stimulates the production of bile, tones the liver and encourages the expulsion of gas from the stomach or intestines. If you are having difficulty digesting a meal, pour 25cl of hot water into a glass, add 1 drop of peppermint essential oil and a little honey, shake and stir the beverage at a stroke. The rot should follow almost immediately you will be prescribed to relieve nausea and vomiting caused by food intolerance or motion sickness. Obviously, you will find in pharmacies all kinds of sugar-coated pills with essential oil of peppermint. They deliver their active substance by reaching the intestine. There, they will relieve very effectively a painful colic or irritable bowel syndrome.
- If you think you are covering a cold or flu, flu, mix 3 drops of peppermint essential oil, 3 drops of essential oil of marjoram and 4 drops of essential oil of lavender in 5 ml of vegetable oil. Pour it all into a tip, while you are in your bathtub, play the big sick and get a mint and lemon tea: this will make you sweat and will facilitate the elimination of bacteria! If it is already too late and you already have symptoms of colds or flu, the essential oil of peppermint will relieve you. It will have an expectorant effect and will lower your fever.
- It’s refreshing and analgesic properties are extremely valuable for soothing tired legs or heated feet. Add 1% of peppermint essential oil to a gel or spray and apply to your aching limbs. Be careful, do not try! Wait until the product has penetrated into the epidermis.
- By applying cold compresses of peppermint oil on the forehead, you will relieve headaches, intellectual fatigue, stress, emotional shock, vertigo and syncope. You can put the bottle of gasoline under the nose of a fainted person to make him regain consciousness. For the same purpose, pour a few drops of peppermint essential oil into a diffuser or add it to a deodorizer.
- Moreover, mint is excellent to repel insects and rodents, which seem to hate especially its smell!
- Peppermint is an intellectual stimulant that awakens and clears up the mind. It will help you be more positive and chase your black ideas. Finally, it will exercise a calming power in case of emotional shock, hysteria or tachycardia.
Peppermint Essential oil..Precautions for use
To use in low doses in your remedies (0.5% is enough)
Avoid during pregnancy.
Do not use essential oil in conjunction with homeopathic remedies and keep the vial in a separate place.